Looking to bring your own project to life? Our custom laser cutting services can do just that!
Whether you have ready made files or just an idea, we are able to custom cut or engrave a wide variety of materials for any number of different applications. Laser cutting is a very versatile technology and it can absolutely create stunning results for your project. To get started, contact us with your project details!
Laser Cutting Information
Our workshop features a 75W Epilog Helix laser cutter with a 24″ by 18″ cutting area that is capable of cutting up to 3/8″ thick wood as well as many other materials. Our machine cannot cut metal. Exact capabilities for each material can vary, so please let us know what material you want to cut when submitting a project. Cutting and etching capabilities for standard materials are listed in the table below. If you have a material that is not listed, feel free to ask us and we will get back to you.
If you are interested in creating your own files for laser cutting, our Laser Cutting File Creation Guide includes some suggested best practices for design and file formatting.
In addition to laser cutting, we offer professional expertise in these services:
- Graphic Design
- Product Design and Development
- Rapid Prototyping
- Mechanical Engineering Design
- Engineering Drawings and CAD Modeling
Why should you choose Lasered Design?
- Design Expertise. We aren’t just specialists in laser cutting or laser fabrication, we are also experts who are fully versed in design and engineering. Need professionally designed marketing materials? We can do that. Trying to engineer the perfect functionality for your product idea? We can do that too. Best of all, we can combine our expertise to design specifically for laser fabrication and we guarantee that you will receive better results because of that.
- Quality Results. We specialize in quality. As designers and makers ourselves, we always strive for perfection in everything that we create. When it comes to custom work, we bring the same attention to detail to your project that we would to one of our own. We will work with you every step of the way to let you know if we have any concerns and make sure that your design will have the best possible result.
|Materials||Laser Engrave||Laser Cut|
|Plywood / Composite Wood||✔||✔|
|Cloth / Fabrics||✔||✔|
|Leather / Suede||✔||✔|
|Paper / Card Stock||✔||✔|
|Latex and Natural Rubber||✔||✔|
|Teflon / PTFE (thin)||✔||✔|
|Coated Metals *||✔|
* Metals require a coating to be applied prior to engraving
** Other materials can be acceptable, please contact us about your material and we can look into it.
*** We cannot cut materials containing chlorine as it is harmful to our machines and toxic for our employees.